Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Holidays!


or as my people say...Merry Christmas!

I have gotten sicker and sicker by the day, and now I have lost my voice. I am going to the Docter tomorrow. Christmas Eve was fun, but I couldn't talk. This made me sad, however my family is full of some funny S.O.B's. My uncle polled my family about whether they promote the "war on Christmas" by saying Happy Holidays or do they just suck it up and say Merry Christmas. 20 out of 21 members of my family said to screw political correctness, that's just not for us. The one PC person was a drunk aunt who's stint in rehab 10 months ago apparently was just for a 30 day rest from work, and she married into the family so we are debating as to whether this counts towards our numbers. We ate our own weight in food, opened tons of presents, went on the annual "we need more alcohol" beer run (irish catholics loves them some christmas drinking), watched the annual Christmas episodes of South Park (a record year, my grandma only yelled "oh, that's terrible" four times), and hugged and said goodbye as if we all weren't going to be at my parents house at 1 today. Life is beautiful. Skywalker and I drove home and he said how blessed he feels to have married me, to be apart of this wonderful family, and for all the friends we have to which I teared up and nodded. This no voice thing sure has made him a happy man.

I love you all, Merry Christmas!

4 Comments:

Scott and I couldn't wait for Christmas so at about 1 o'clock on the eve we decided to open just one present. Then we decided we would just open up the gifts in our socks and then, before we knew what had happened, there were no more gifts under the tree. Oh well. That's what happens when Santa drops gifts off early and expects you to be "responsible" and wait till xmas. Pffft. Screw responsiblity!
I love you too Rit. Glad you had a great holiday. I hope you get better soon. Rit, if you have chest congestion, talkk to the doctor about getting a chest xray and a nebulizer with albuterol. Feel better soon.
I just have to say that I love all three of you. Because if we were all sisters - Lulu would be the badass that kicks the asses of those who messed with her sisters, BabyJ would be the big sis that takes care of all of us in a motherly kindof way, and Rit would be the crazy sis that is always getting us in trouble with her crazy antics. I know we don't "really" know each other, but in a way we kindo do. And I just wanted you guys to know that I do care for you guys, as much as a blogger could. Just wanted you all to know that, (you know, since we're getting all holiday mushy and stuff). Love ya!
Hells yeah! We're all one big happy family!

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.