Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Her Mother and I do...Really TAKE HER!


I think that is what he is telling my husband! I love my Dad. I used to think I was Daddy's little girl, but I'm starting to wonder. On my wedding day, my Mom told me that she caught my Dad crying several times the week before the big day. He had the flu that week, but I refuse to believe she could have mistaken sickness and watery eyes for tears.(that's big, I have never seen my Dad cry) So he came in the room we were getting ready in, kissed me, told me how beautiful I was and hightailed it out of there. I cried, my mom cried, my sis cried, even my bridesmaids had tears in their eyes. It could have been from all of my chain-smoking, but I insist it was from my moving moment. He would take me out of the will if he knew I put this on the internet. Seriously! He's one of those man's men. When I was in third grade and sprained my ankle he still made me play in my soccer game. He said there are no pansies in this family.

My sister is now engaged. Oh my poor, poor, probably going to be poor from paying for two weddings in a year and a half father. At least once a week I go over there for dinner. I'll do anything not to cook. So last night I'm lounging on their couch when my Dad comes home from work. He walks in, sees me and says "Didn't I pay a bunch of money to not have to feed you dinner anymore?" and "What is Luke doing, don't you feed him?" I laugh, because this is certainly not the first time he has said this. Actually, he says something like this everytime I'm over there. Huh? This is what starts running through my head as we go through the same little banter. "Well Dad, I left him a map to the refrigerator, he should be good." Dad "Huh, just wondering what it takes to get an empty nest." Me "Hey you should of thought of that before you had 4 kids." (I'm the oldest) My dad shoots me a dirty look trying not to smile combo and goes in his office.

We eat dinner, look through a bunch of wedding mags oooing and aweing over flowers, dresses, blah, blah. My dad has a look of "good god not again" & dollar signs flash in his eyes with every "Oh, that is AMAZING" that my 'over-the-top wedding' mother utters. As I leave he says, "So are you cooking for us next week or what, your last name is different so I don't have to feed you" I say "Oh shut up, you love it when I'm here and besides, you don't want to eat my cooking." He trys not to smile and yells "Then bring take out!" turns, and walks in the house. Awe, in my Dad's world he just told me he loved me.

0 Comments:

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.