Thursday, February 02, 2006

Project Get my Husband to Watch Things I like

My new reality TV addiction is Project Runway. Luke is not pleased. He hates it. So every Wednesday I have to watch the 2nd showing from 10-11. This Monday I went to the parents house to use the tread mill in their gym and I ate dinner with my family. I have started calling them my old family because my dad likes to remind me that I have a new family and I should go eat with him. When he was out of town last week I ate a can of his chili and someone ratted on me, so this week he was especially "pissed". Dad "Did you eat my chili?" Me "What? I know nothing of this chili of which you speak." I stare my mom down. "Did you eat a can of Skyline chili!?" My dad is from Cinncinatti. Skyline chili is sacred. He buys like 5,000 cans whenever he goes there. I would NEVER eat a can of that chili. Me "Are you kidding me? It was Chili Man." Dad "So you did eat a can of MY chili." Me "Shit!" Dad "After all I've done for you, and you lie to me? Nice. You are out of the will." It's his way of telling me he loves me.

So we eat and are watching TV when a commercial for Project Runway comes on. Mom "I hate that show." Me "Are you kidding me? It's totally awesome!" My sister Lolo, "I know! Dad and I watch it every week." Me "What? Who? The man who fathered you and me? OUR Dad?" My dad is the biggest mans man you will ever meet. When I dressed my little brother in a dress when he was 1 my dad grounded me for 2 weeks and lost his mind. My brother was a good dancer and he wouldn't let him take dance lessons. One of my gay friends has an amazing voice he sings at their church. My dad says "I'll tell you something. When that fairy sings Be Not Afraid, it brings tears to my eyes. (He says shit like that for the shock factor, he loves my friend) He follows and watches ever sport there is. My husband loves him. He loves my husband. They are men.
Lolo "Yeah, he loves it." As fate would have it, my dad walks out of his bedroom. Me "Hey dad, I hear you like Project Runway?" Dad "Let me tell you one thing. Gays are funny."

I told Luke my dad watches it. He didn't believe me. At 9:05 last night I had him call my parents house and talk to my dad. My dad asked him if he could call him back because he was watching TV and I quote "Have you seen the show Project Runway Luke?" Luke "No" Dad "Gays are funny. And damn creative. They are making dresses out of flowers! Watch it." Luke hung up the phone with a confused look on his face.

Guess what we watched last night...


image from Pink is the New Blog

5 Comments:

Love me my project runway. But then, what reality show don't I love. My husband will watch it "while on the computer" and then ask lots of questions. What do you think of santino?

I missed the last show, but I know he was on thin ice.
Santino needs to go. I am so over him. Luke actually ended up hating (liking) the show. I called my dad and we are going to have a big Project Runway Finale party at his house. Ha,ha.
You know, over at my old families house.
while I do love pinkisthenewblog, I'm growing real tired of his obsessions with this show and Jake Gylenhall (or however you spell it) and Brokeback mountain.
Yeah Tim. The only reason I posted about this show was because of my new ability to manipulate my husband. Trent really needs to get over Jake and the mountain. and quick.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.