Monday, January 30, 2006

My Weekend By Rit

Good morning friends. Well, really I should say good morning readers. Some of you I may consider friends, the others lurk and I don't even know who you are. I know you want to be my friend though, cause I'm super cool.

Friday-I got my hair cut. Luke and I went out to dinner and rented 3 movies. The Blockbuster kid tried to sell us their rewards program. We told him we usually don't rent many movies and wouldn't be interested. He typed stuff on his computor and then said that we have rented 8 movies this month. I told him that during the winter months we may order lots of movies, but in the summer we never do, so again no thanks. He said that we would have already been well on our way to recouping the money it takes to join the program. Luke said "No" and we both stared at him until he finished checking us out and he gave us our movies.

Saturday-Luke informed me that he doesn't like being refered to as Mr. Rit a la Lulu's J. He thinks it would have one assume that he is my bitch. Which he is not. So I asked him what he wanted to be called since I refuse to type Skywalker anymore and he told me to make something up. I have chosen Luke. Because that is his name.

I bought the book for our book club, but didn't read any of it. It was a rainy day, so I watched TV and a few movies. We went to a friend's house and ate homemade pizza and played games. Well, I watched everone eat homemade pizza after I had my one sliver of pizza. I sat and munched on carrot sticks while they ate cookies, brownies, chips and pizza. Then we played taboo and I yelled at Luke for not flipping his card in a way that used optimum speed. I blame it on the carrot sticks. And the fact that I am hungry.

Sunday-It was a beautiful day, so I took a super long walk. I can't run yet, which I thought about while I was zipping through neighborhoods. Last year at this time I ran 6 miles 3-4 times a week. Now I am speed walking the neighborhood like a soccer mom. Then I came home and started reading the book club book. It's really good so far.

Wow, I'm boring.

14 Comments:

Yeah! You're back! Laundry? Whatever.
You shouldn't be mean to the blockbuster boy. He's just doing his job. I got that rewards thing, and I rented so many movies (120 in a year)that they upgraded me to "gold," which means I can reserve movies, and return them with poop in the DVD cases without a fine.
I rent about 1 movie a month, but I thought about joining the rewards thing because they give you a card for your keychain. I joined about 6 years ago and got that and my card is now unreadable. I asked for a new one, but they refused unless I rejoined rewards. Movie nazis.
Jacob-mean! he was way pushy and he is not ever helpful.

Tim-They suck don't they.
I got a trim. Problem is, my hair grows so fast that when I have short hair I need to get it cut at least once a month. I waited almost two, so she had to take over an inch off.
rit, just get netflix. it rocks. and it makes me feel good that i'm not supporting blockbuster. i don't like them.

good for you for not joining in on the brownies and chips and such. you really do want that baby, huh?!
So much that I joined online weight watchers. Well, I want a baby and I'm vain.
I second the motion on nexflix. So many more titles too. I actually just typed titties too.
I blame everything on carrot sticks. Those ungrateful little SOBs...
Maybe this will make you feel happier about the carrot sticks and help you stay away from the other foods.
I hate renting movies. By the time I'm done wasting money there, I'm much further behind than I want to be. I just buy movies now. I figure, even if they suck, it still probably cost me less than if I rented and lost another movie.
Hey, fill me in. ET just showed footage of Michelle Williams at the SAG awards, and I quote "slimmed down after giving birth just a few months ago". When did she pop, and why was the world so focused on Britney, Brangelina and the grand Simpson split to notice?
See, according to ET, she was apparently giving birth months ago...about the same time when I found out about the pregnancy. I never saw a tabloid rag baby announcement for that one. I was still sitting here, waiting for it to happen- and it already had.

I feel cheated.
LOL!

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.