Friday, February 03, 2006

Thank god for Earl and The Office

I found myself saying those words while bawling last night. You see, we were watching Smallville. I still can't believe it made me cry, I mean it's not Steel Magnolias or anything. Bo Duke died in last week's episode. Um, I mean Clark's father Jonathon Kent. Luke and I have been watching Smallville since it started. Last night's episode Clark deals with the loss of his father. His mother Martha gets mugged in Metropolis and his father's watch is stolen. A bunch of stuff happens, but Clark comes home to find his watch sitting on a table. His love Lana went to pawn shops and found it. They have a wonderful conversation about loss, that is so damn truthful. Lana, having lost both of her parents says "No matter how many people are there for you, you end up walking through this alone." Clark puts on his father's watch and walks in to see his mom watching a video of he and his dad when he was little. His mom turns around to see Clark and sees the watch. Clark starts crying and they hug. I had been fighting the tears because I knew what I was going to see when I looked at my husband. I look over to see him rubbing his watch. His father's watch. I burst into tears and yelled "I hate Smallville! I hate it! Stupid Smallville." Luke looked over and smiled at me. "I know you do, babe." Then I excitely changed the channel to watch My Name is Earl and The Office and said "Thank god for Earl and The Office!" Luke said "Yeah, nothing cheers me up more than white trash and Michael. Maybe someone will leave another package in his office."

God bless you The Office, for making male bonding turn into the wharehouse trying to unionise. And allowing Michael to operate heavy machinery. I love you!

10 Comments:

Hey, who you callin' slow.

Too bad you can't come up to Chicago, but Luke is cute so stay home with him.

Anytime I watch anyone die on any show, I think about my Nana and I cry like a baby.
It was like body shaking tears. From Smallville. I'm ashamed...hold me.
"Remember the time on Lost when they met the Others?"

I cracked up at that. I love dwight. I love everyone on that show.

oooh, and "My goal in five years is to be five years sober. Four and a half years sober."
Yeah, there is no better show. None.

When will Pam wise up!
Even when my baby James Marsters was on smallville, I still couldn't bring myself to watch. (was he good and did he look good?)

Love earl and office. love love love.
Neither are my bag, but I feel ya on TV shows that you get emotionally involved with. My guilty pleasure has been "Ghost Whisperer". That stupid show almost makes me cry every week.
found you in google blogsearch. thought this episode ruled. my fav part was Michael wondering if black people liked pizza. Insane.
One of the best parts from this weeks Office was when the indian (sorry can't think of her name) asks Jan, "What does second base mean? I heard Michael say he got to 2nd base with you." Then she looks at the camera and winks...classic!
Yeah, that was awesome. I went out to Sushi with my mom and my sister last night. We made my mom watch 40 year old virgin. It was great...post to come soon.
Damn those shows that make us cry! Grey's Anatomy does it for me, every week I'm in tears. As for Smallville I've watched it from the beginning as well, but I've been slipping and have to watch the the reruns to catch up. Do you think Jonathan is really dead? Because he can't be I won't believe it! I know they buried him and all but HE CAN'T BE DEAD!!!

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.