Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I just can't be snarky today folks

So, some of you may have noticed the missing poster link I put up the other day. It is for a 17 year old boy named Wade Lurk who went missing on April 1 after a party. For two weeks extensive searches were conducted, even the FBI was involved. A good kid, on the honor roll and an athlete just vanished along with his car. Most believed foul play. I did not know him or his family, but this story has gripped me from the beginning. Maybe it's because he and my brother we born 4 days apart from each other, but he has been a constant part of my thoughts and my prayers.

Everyday I check the website set up for him and look at the news many times. Yesterday they found his car in the lake with him in it. It seems that he may have been drinking and somehow got turned around and drove into the lake. It is just so damn horrible. I can't imagine what this family is going through. I'm glad they know where he is now, we were just all praying for a better outcome.

I looked on Pink is the new Blog and saw that maybe TomKat's alien spawn has been beamed down...well looky there, I can be a bit snarky. I cracked a smile even...crack. Ok, I'm feeling a little better.

If you pray, say a little prayer for these people.

1 Comments:

Geez, Rit, that's terrible. I hate stuff like that.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.