Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Those were the days

It's been a slow day in the world of things I find interesting. Yes, this generation's Beverly Hillbillies are birthin' their little hick today, but oh just what can I post besides all things Laguna. Inspiration. My little recap of the lastest Laguna episode got me thinking of the days of the telephone, saved by the bell and stealing alcohol from my parents. I think they drank screwdrivers with OJ and water and Jack Daniels was flat pepsi until I graduated from highschool.

My 10 year reunion is in two weeks and I can't go because I am in a wedding, but it got me thinking. Oh, to be young and carefree and use like 12 times in a sentence and still be understood by people. Sometimes I just miss it. No rent or any real bills of any kind, mom made dinner, and my biggest worry was who was talking shit about me. You know, so I could fix it. Quick. I hear people say they would never go back to highschool and I wonder why. Sure adolescence is painful and drama filled. How often do you get to throw a fit after your husband tells you to stop buying so many shoes on the credit card by yelling that he is ruining your life while motioning wildly then throwing yourself on your bed and telling him that Allison's husband lets her buy as many shoes as she wants? When do you get to call your boss on threeway with a client and get him to admitt that he blamed insert mistake on you and when it was really his fault? How often do can you get people at work to like you by threatening them with not inviting them to your party next week when your husband goes out of town because you are totally like getting your brother to buy a keg. How often do you sit around with your girlfriends making fun of another girl's outfit...wait we still do that.

Oh, well. Congrats KFed & Britney, I hope the baby can keep up with his Daddy's Baby's momma's thoughout the years. Cheers!

5 Comments:

Hmmm... I still act like I'm 9 months old: grumpy and pissy when hungry or tired, point at things I want and make a grunt noise, demand to be pampered and doted on and paid attention to... lol.
oh you'd be surprised of the high-school-like drama that goes on in the corporate office of a retail company. i live in the 11th grade monday thru friday.

then i go back to 12th grade on the weekends.
Beebers- I guess I should come work with you if I seriously want to relive my youth.
As immature as I am, I would kill to go back for a day or two and REALLY relive it all.

uuunatqs - my word ver. has a stutter
Maybe if I could just go back to the one day my senior year that my gym team won 1st place at Acrofest, that would be the only day I would want to relive. Okay, and maybe the day my boyfriend shotgunned so much weed to me that I forgot how to count and then I thought I was Dracula while I was at the University of Southern Miss.'s library on the second floor. (I kept trying to hang upside down on the balcony). GOD, what an idiot. But it was fun.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.