Friday, September 09, 2005

RSVP? Sadly it was not

This happened a couple of weeks ago, but it was before I had created this blog so give me a break already. I had a Bridal shower for Karen. I was so freakin' excited to use all my entertaining wedding gifts you'd think the uh president, no, pope, no, cast of laguna, no, well someone really, really important was coming over. I sent out the invitations, read Martha Stewart Living, make some crafts out of shit from my yard and waited patiently for the RSVPs. As anyone who has had a wedding can attest, people are assholes about RSVPing, so for me to be amazed by one was unthinkable. But I was. Karen and I became friends because Luke and Tom were roomates and BFFs (haha) so I don't know all of her friends. Here is the conversation I had with one:
names have been changed that aren't mine (because I'm not an idiot )to protect this person cause this was dumb.
Rit: Hello, this is Rit
Cher: Hi, this is Cher, and I'm calling to send in my RSVP.
Silence, yeah I'm still waiting, some more waiting.
Rit: Uh, so will you be coming?
Cher: I don't know yet.
Rit: Uh, what?
Cher: I might have to work and I get my work schedule on Fridays (this is 4 weeks before the shower)
Rit: Hey, how about you call me when you know if you are coming or not, ok.
Cher: Ok
Rit: Bye

I probably should add that she did not ever call back. Apparently since her RSVP was already "sent" she was good. She missed some damn good chicken salad sandwiches and other treats.

3 Comments:

*sigh*

I say, try to be happy that she bothered to call, like you said. Eh-- it's hard when people are idiots.

(Cher was a nice choice, btw. Made me think of Clueless, another thing I love with no guilt involved :) )
Oh, I'm so glad someone got that. Clueless is a pleasure. Screw that feeling guilty about any of the stuff I watch.
Oh, god. I've had those conversations. The ones where you look at the phone after you hung up, not quite believing that someone was that stupid.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.