Wednesday, September 07, 2005

President Bush...Mayor Nagin's Hero!




My weekend o' pain also included lots of talking about Bush, Katrina, and dirty water. No this was not talk of people and their naughty bits, but the shit storm in New Orleans and the like.

After seeing that a young girl was raped in the astrodome, I have not been able to watch the coverage on TV. I will listen to the radio and look on the internet, but no TV. My friend Tom discribed how the above scene at Bush's news conference went. Tom claims that after Bush gave his, "these people are in need, we will help, blah blah" speech he went around to shake everyone's hands. According to Tom, Mayor Nagin would not shake the Bush's hand. This later resulted in Mayor Nagin walking off the "stage". None of this has been substanciated by RitMeyer, but if this did happen, I'm laughing.

I don't care who's fault this whole thing is. We know that this disaster was forseeable. We know funding for the levy's were yanked to help fund the war. We know we were able to get food to the Tsunami victims the next day, but in New Orleans it took 4 days. O.k. I lied, I watched TV last night. There is aid now in New Orleans, but not in Mississippi, Alabamba, etc. Get aid in EVERYWHERE, start rebuilding, and then figure out all that contributed to this unacceptable situation. Fix it. Make sure it never happens again, and fire all the people who dropped the ball.

Rant Over.

1 Comments:

Yes, this is funny. I only hope it is true.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.