Friday, October 28, 2005

Mommy, WOW, I'm a big kid now!

I ordered lunch from my favorite deli. Turkey on wheat with a side of fruit salad. Yummy for my tummy. I love food, so lunch is an exciting time for me. I pick it up along with their famous sweet tea and hurry back to the office. I unpack my lunch and sit down with US magazine. WHAT!!!! Where is my fruit salad, why is there cole slaw! I hate cole slaw! I haven't eaten any since I discovered I hated it the first time I tried it when I was 5 years old. I pout and contemplate going back and demanding my fruit salad, but it was 12:45 pm and I'm damn hungry. I eat my sam-ich and I'm still hungry. Shit. More pouting. Out of the corner of my eye I see the grow-dee cole slaw. Huh, I wonder if I hold my nose and eat it will I taste it? I open the container and smell it. Not a terrible smell, actually a good smell. Huh? I take my fork and put a teeny tiny bit of the slaw on my fork. I raise it to my mouth. I pause, I am really this lazy that I will eat something that tastes like ass to avoid leaving the office again? I answer myself as the slaw goes in the hatch. I tried to swallow it fast to avoid tasting it. This did not work. But to my surprise, it was SO very tasty!

I have now decided that my mission for the next week is to try everything that I deamed grow-dee as a kid. Oh, except for peas. I still will hate peas. Just on principle. I will be giving you all the run down of "Foods little teeny Rit thought were Grow-dee".

Little Rit says Yucky
-Cole Slaw
Slightly More Mature Rit says
-Cole Slaw is Yummy

Wow, I have such important missions.

10 Comments:

I love me my coleslaw. I'm glad you're on board with it. I also love that you just wanted to put it in your stomache, holding your nose and all. Too funny.
Little Rit's all grown up! I'm jealous. I've been disgusted by mayonnaise since I was little and still won't go near it. Maybe you've inspired me though...
BabyJewels-If my tummy's hungry I put food in it.

SuperSperm-You will probably not like it. Hope you're having fun in Atlanta

Lizzie-I was absolutly AMAZED. I hated cole slaw!! Hated it! Tonight my friend and I are going out to dinner and I am going to try a salad that has fruit in it. Yuck, but maybe not...
I think it's always a pleasant surprise when you find out something you despised as a child isn't really so bad after all. I have only recently come to appreciate strawberries and nectarines (I was a strange child).
haha - skywalker is funny.

my husband is allergic to nuts. so if something's really yummy and i don't want him taking any of mine, i just tell him "sorry, babe there's nuts in this. it's for your own good to not eat it."

heh heh
I'm going to try pie tonight sucka! Yep, I'm getting all crazy.

beebers-that is excellent. Skywalker is diabetic, which helps nothing because sometimes he will eat sugar anyway...hense the pie.
Hi Rita,

Thanks for your comment on my blog about my Halloween costume and my doll...lol. But, I'm a woman (not a man) that's me as the little casper the ghost! The boy is my brother and I don't mind showing off that he played with dolls....lol.

Take care,
Sublime

PS - Thanks for all your answers lately over at my other blog The Big Question!
Ooh, uh I don't feel stupid or anything.
I've tried reintroducing myself to foods I hated as a kid - but I stand firm on gagging at the thought or smell of cucumbers, honeydew or cantaloupe. Blech. It's the texture and the smell combined.
Cole Slaw is yummy. I love KFC's (Kentucky Fried Cicken's) Cole Slaw

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.