Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"Cool, a Cowboy Movie!"

This is what Mr. Rit said as we were watching TV the other night and a preview for Brokeback Mountain came on. Yeah, I know. What to do, what to do. I want to see the movie, but I had resigned myself to seeing it with some girlfriends and not my husband. Now look at what the sweet lord dropped in my lap! But then something weird happened. Real weird. A little angel appeared on my shoulder. I thought that the little devil and I kicked her ass long ago, but there she stood and she wanted to be heard.

My angel started making her case. "Rit I know your small town husband has opened his mind more with the help your gay friends, especially Mark and the fact that he is in drag shows, but he has never gone to see them. You can't take him to see this movie expecting some great macho cowboy movie, only to discover it is a love story. Between two men. Hey, has he been living under a rock or something?" Me "Seriously, he must be. That reason alone should make it ok for me to not tell him and go see the movie in an hour." My angel smurks, "Rit, come on. Be nice." I respond, "Man, this sucks. This is so perfect. He has no idea! Oh, man. Fine, but you have to go away for a really long time again damn you!"



I turn to my husband while visions of him being a cowboy dance in his head, "Um, that movie is about how those two fall in love but since people are prejudice assholes they have to hide their love." Mr. Rit's face falls "What?" I spell it out for him "It's about gay cowboys! Man, how do you not know that?" Mr. Rit "Are you serious? It's..they...really?" His face falls "I get it, that's why it's called brokeback mountain." I glare at him.

I deserve to be sainted for that.

13 Comments:

Yeah, I would have had him too. He would have had no idea. Stupid angel and Jiminy. Damn it.
Andre won't go see it, either. I think I might go by myself. I love me some cowboy-on-cowboy action. Mmm mmmmmm.
Boy are stupid...unless they are cowboys who like to love each other. And they look like Jake and Heath.
I totally want to see it. But I never get to the actual movies, so I'll be a netflixer for sure.
you'd probably be divorced right now if your angel didn't talk you out of it.
Tim-You are so right. Hey, at least I learned that I know where the line is and that sometimes I don't cross it.
My husband would have gotten up and walked out if I tried to trick him into going. I'd kindof like to stay married. I think I'll be watching this one alone. Or would I look weird sitting there all by myself?
My husband is way too quick for me to even try anything out on him. He saw the preview and looked at me and said "Don't even bother thinking about asking me!"
My brother saw it. I was open to seeing it, but there is a LOT of graphic gay sex. First five minutes: One cowboy spits on/licks his hand and lubes up the other cowboy's man meat for a little anal sex. I am open to things, but that is a little graphic for my taste.
Um...they really do that in the movie. Thank god for my little angel. Mr. Rit would not have been quiet about storming out of the theatre with that.
Rit, your man must have thought you said "bareback" mountain.

Heh.

Incidentally, I was open to seeing it, too, but after now reading the graphic nature of it...I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be...
I'm a wee bit nerous myself, now. I don't know if my virgin eyes can take it.
OH and he totally thought he was funny with the "oh so that's why they named it that" He has been going around and saying "Rit is going to go see bareback moutain."

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.