Monday, April 24, 2006

Guess who somehow fried her engine?

Give up? Yeah, so does Luke. I killed my car. It's a goner. So after the initial, "Shit, I only got to enjoy 5 car payment free months!" I realised that I get to get a new car. Yippee for me!

That is until our real estate agent to us that we need to wait until we purchase a house before we get financed for the big ole SUV my husband thinks we need for all the children that we don't yet have. Luke agreed that we should put the house buying above a pretty new car for me, since that is all that is standing between us and me getting knocked up. I tried really hard to convince him that an infant can totally live in our condo. Really, it could. Then he reminded me that we have already have a truck that collects dust in our driveway because Luke gets a company vehicle. Our agent looked at me and said "you guys have another vehicle and you want to buy a new one?" In my mind I get all whiny and stomp and yell "But I don't WANT to drive a truck!" In reality I am going all red neck woman on y'all. Being an adult sucks!

9 Comments:

I don't blame you...new cars are all shiney and fun and not to mention the good smell...
I'm surprised that it wasn't just an electrical problem.

We just bought a huge townhome, and it's true that you have to not open new lines of credit just before you get a loan, or you may not be approved or something like that.
Well- at least it was something to blog about.
i'm not really into cars, but i have to admit, i'd probably do the whiney stomping my feet game if my husband made me drive a truck. and i'm from texas even! ;)

good luck cowgirl.
I loved driving a truck. I leased 3 of them back-to-back for 6 years. Then in 2003 I bought a car. I miss certain things about driving a truck. You seem to get more respect when your vehicle is bigger.
Sorry your car is dunzo. :( Your dad isn't buying you a new white SUV, a la Kristin Cavallari? Booo...
You can give me the truck if you want. All I have is a little fiat. We have been house hunting the last couple of days and the only one we found that was worth it would mean that I would have to sell the beach house as well as our apartment. Man! That made me think...ALOT.
Same thing happened to us in January. But we were lucky enough to be car payment free for a few years! But I ran that car into the ground! We also have a Jeep sitting in our Garage collecting dust because the husband got a company van. But in my defense I HATE driving a stick shift. So we go the new car and now we have 2 car payments... blah!
I'm buying you a confederate flag sticker that will cover your entire back window. Oh, and some Playboy mudflaps. And a gun rack! This is fun.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.