Thursday, October 20, 2005

An Ode to my best friend

You greet me in the morning and help me start my day
Then you help me during drive time to navigate my way

We listen to the radio and you calm me in the traffic
You stop me when I want to run my car into the cut-off prick

After lunch you smile as I talk to you of my wonderful salad
Then comes the drive home and we sing an ACDC ballad

After dinner we hang out and you ask about the stress at work
Then you tuck me into bed reassuring that no A & E murders lurk

Tomorrow my old friend we will have to say goodbye
Although you are so much fun, you are causing me to die

Goodbye my sweet, sweet Marlboros! You were there the first time I got drunk, the first time I drove on my own in my parents mini-van, my first apartment, my first day of college, and you were there the day I got married. Sorry you won't see our babies, I will miss you.

10 Comments:

My Best friend is Mr. Phillip Morris. I can't get through the dat without him. but more power to you.
I've had to lose a lot of friends over the years, Newport lights, Camel lights (hard box), marlboro lights. I miss you all, my sweets.

Good for your Rit.
Good for you, I hope it works out for you!
I just got into the office. I miss my friend so freakin bad!
you friend was evil. You're better off without them.
Love how you rhymed salad with ballad.
I only eat salads for lunch and I had to find something that ryhmed with it. I feel really silly, like I can't concentrate on anything. Skywalker is going out of town for 4 days, so he has the day off from work. He is cleaning every square inch of our condo.
WHICH ONES!!!!! This acupuncture is ok, but I have just gone through a whole package of sprees and some starbursts.
I will take anything that will make me not want to sell my first born child to smoke.
What a beautiful ode-- a poignant goodbye to an old friend. :)

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.