Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Son of a...

I was on TinaPopo's blog and her latest post bought up a little fear I have. What if I have an ugly baby? Yes, I am aware this is shallow but I think it none the less. Heidi Klum is a freakin' supermodel and her kid is fugly! Since I have to make everthing about yours truely, what if Skywalker and I have a yoda looking mini me. We are both relatively good looking people who were remarkably cute kids if I do say so myself. I know I would still love the little rugrat, but would I feel shame? Would I even be aware of it? I have a friend who's kid should have a bag over it's head, seriously. When I first saw the little bundle of joy, I said "Holy shit!" and tried to recover by saying "Wow your kid has a lot of hair" which it didn't. Bad save Rit. They just bring her everywhere, fugly and all. They remark how beautiful she is all the time. This is what frightens me, would I know if my kid was beaten by the ugly stick?

9 Comments:

Don't get me wrong I know they are wonderful little miracles, I hope if my kid is ugly I will be blissfully unaware.
OK HEATHER, you don't need to tell me twice! Your kids ARE the cutest things on the planet. Seriously, I bet they are. Now I feel even more shallow than I did making this post. Oh well, that's me.
I do believe that when it's your own kid, you have on breast milk goggles. Seriously, your own kid is beautiful to you.
I think that's true, too. And I'm thinking that even little Henry Guenther Ademola Dashtu Samuel will turn out okay.

We have a baby at the practice who's 3 now, but when he was less than a year he looked like an accountant. I don't know how a baby looks like an accountant, but this one did. Now he just looks like a three-year-old.
I'm already prepared to have an ugly baby. I don't think any baby fresh out of the womb is cute. Especially natually born ones with squeezed heads and whatnot. It takes a few months.
I took the randomness out of it and adopted. But even if Raphael had been pug ugly I'd still love him as much, ugly kids are innocent, it's ugly adults that you have to watch out for!
thanks for swinging by love your blog
rit, just get a super cute dog first. then if your baby is ugly you can always just throw your dog in people's faces and hope they ignore the baby. you can borrow leo for a while if you want.
I have a friend with an ugly kid too, I just hope the poor thing grows out of it. She thinks he's the cutest thing in the world.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.