Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I didn't steal your boyfriend

Some of you may remember me talking about my friend and her 8 year daughter who were recently hit by an 18 wheeler. They moved in with us last week until Kate can take care of herself and Ava. Ava and I are pals, wait make that were pals. We used to do our nails, watch movies, color pictures, play dress up, and all sorts of fun stuff. This all ended now that she has decided she is going to marry my husband, thus making me her competition. Luke is great with kids and absolutely loves Ava so needless to say he finds this all hysterical and enjoys egging her on.

When we watched a movie the other day she raced over and sat next to Luke and smiled real big at me. Then as soon as my ass hits the chair she is like, "Rit, can you get me a glass of milk." I go get glass of milk. Ass contacts chair, "Rit, I'm hungry. Can I have some popcorn?" I glare, and ask her if she might want anything else in the near future. "I don't think I will, but Luke do you want anything?" He laughs and says he could use a soda. I bring it all back and sit down. Luke has to read her stories for bed, not even mom can do it. When he comes home from work you'd think that Elvis has entered the building. She says that I am pretty and can find a new husband. Luke just laughs. Our fridge is covered in pictures she has drawn him. She even took down all the pictures I had that she has drawn me over the years. Last night after trick or treating she had Ashley Simpson's I didn't steal your boyfriend playing and was dancing around with Luke in the family room in her pink & black witches costume with her pink cast with Luke's named scrauled across it in 8 year old writing mocking me.

This infatuation only started Sunday. Kate and I think it is so damn funny, but Kate said to watch out. That Ava might try to sneak into our bed at night and push me out of it.I believe it may become a war in the Meyer household soon.

10 Comments:

I feel ya, sister - I experienced the same thing with Scott when we worked at summer camp. Those little hussies are SHAMELESS! Unfortunately, it doesn't go away. Even when they do move out of your house, 10 bucks says she wants his number and address to keep in contact and a picture to remember him by 4-ever.
That is hilarious. hey, the girls got good taste.
Yes, yes she does. If she wasn't so damn adorable and slightly shattered from being in horrific car accident, we might have had some problems.
That's so awesome.

It's just like me and this 7 year old girl who's mom is in my bowling league. She tells me I act like a girl and thinks my wife should leave me, and she wouldn't want her mom to marry me even if I wasn't married because I act like such a girl. Well, I guess it's not quite the same.
Tim, that is hysterical. Oh god, I can't stop laughing. Kids are so funny. Just think, one of these days superspermetus or whatever you kid goes by now will be giving nuggets of wisdom too.
that little hussy :-) don't worry Rit, you can take an 8 year old.
Tell that little grade school homewrecker to watch it, or you'll push her down on the playground and yell "Cooties!"
that is so funny. maybe you should play that song by gretchen wilson for her homewrecker.LOL! have fun kids are great
I had a similar thing happen but in reverse. When I first started dating my husband I was babysitting for this family I had babysat for 8 years, so the boys were really close to me. They would tell Brian on a daily basis that he couldn't have me, I was theirs. It went to far one time that the 4 year-old figured out how to call my cell phone and would ask if Brian was coming for the weekend and he would cry and ask if I would play with him instead. Now that they are older and in their "girls are icky" stage they love Brian to death and I am forgotten.

Kids are hysterical!
too cute! I love little girl crushes. My nephew use to be a huge flirt when he was younger. Always trying to hit on the older women.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.