Friday, November 04, 2005

Too soon for Christmas?

Hells yeah, we are deep frying a turkey this weekend and having Luke and Rit's Turkey Fry of 2005. I can only hope it goes better than the last time when my friend's dog got into the grease and puked all over my living room. Anyway, yours truely- normally hostest with the mostest- is totally wingin' it. Usually I would have bought special theme plates and decorated my house with all sorts of fall crap and had all my side dishes planned, but this year I have had to fight the urge to put up my Christmas stuff. I used to bitch and moan about Christmas becoming so commercial and how we see the shit in stores well before Thanksgiving and how wrong that is. Now, I want to deck my halls with holly and fa la la la la la la la while baking cookies. I think I'm going to make some Christmas cookies for the fry and play a little Bing and Ray for my listening pleasure. I'm dreaming of a white turkey fry...

Side note: We found out last night that 8 year old homewrecker Ava has...GASP...an 8 year old boyfriend. Luke is crushed. I am having fun teasing her about it.

8 Comments:

that'll teach luke to get his hopes up. 8 year olds will crush your soul each and every time to start to open up.
Yeah, they are a fickle heartbreaking bunch. I'm just glad she will stop harassing me around the house now.
Give her hell! HAHAHA! I've never had a fried turkey. I hear they're really good and juicy.

I, on the other hand, am a total scrooge. I hate spending money on a frikkin' tree that's already dying just to put lights on it and pose a fire threat to my house. I do like to bake gingerbread cookies though.

Have fun!
what a tramp!
Pictures! I want deep fried pictures. Of everything. Including said 8 year old boy.

Seriously, does this mean I can put up the decorations, too.
Now has Ava had this boyfriend the eintire time she's had her Skywalker infatuation? If so, she's not only a homewrecker, but she also cheats. It's good to start kids off early.
Yes, it seems that she started "dating" this boy before her love for Luke began. Little hussy!
mmm, i love a fried turkey! it's quite an undertaking though, i'm impressed that yall do it anually.

maybe i just think it's an udertaking b/c i live in a city without the yard/driveway space to do it. yes, i just driveway cause in texas that's how we hillbillies do it.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.