Friday, November 04, 2005

100 things Wrong with Me- Numero 6

Thank you Karla for this ingenius idea. She is one of my favorites!! Who gives a rats ass about good things about me? When Karla said to look deep within myself, I did. She's right, what is there is bad.

Half the folks in Blogland have a 100 Things list, in which they detail 100 miscellaneous facts about themselves, usually along the lines of "I love to cook," and "I'm a Scorpio." I looked deep inside me, and found there's just not much there. What is there is bad. Therefore, I give you my list of 100 Things Wrong With Me. To cut down on the odds that you'll fall asleep reading it, I've broken it up into parts. (from Karla, she is brilliant)

51-60

51. I will put grease down the drain. Yes, I will. I believe it will not hurt the drain when I have hot water running as I do it. Our kitchen sink drain clogs all the time. Whenever Luke catches me just dumping grease down it, he is none too pleased. I don't care, I refuse to have a nasty grease jar or can. Not having it.

52. I hate moping. I don't know why. I will sweep the floors and clean obvious spots that need to be cleaned, but I don't think our floors have been moped in 5 months. Wow, that's kinda nasty. I'm embarassed now.

53. Luke hates Walmart. He believes it embodies all that is ruining America. I enjoy Walmart, mainly because I am lazy. Where else can you buy IB Profin, tampons, shaving creme, underwear, hoses, flowers, candles, cleaning products, CDs, DVDs, and mixing bowls. I know they have clothes and funiture, but I have never bought any there. So here is the deal. My husband has asked that I never shop there and I believe he may have snuck that in our vows right behind "to love and cherish", I don't know. I agreed to never, ever shop there. But when it came time to go get a bunch of stuff and I knew I was going to have to go to several stores, I gave in and went to Walmart. I keep target and Schnucks (grocery store) bags in my car so I can change out the Walmart bags if he is home when I get back from shopping.

54. Most of the time I'm pretty easy going about what we do while hanging out with friends. Very rarely will I not want to do what is suggested. I'm not the kind of person who says "I don't care what we do" and then spends 30 minutes shooting down every suggestion. However, should you suggest something that I don't want to do I will make my opinion VERY known. Should you all then deside to do that, I will pout. Yeah, make a huge ass out of myself. "That is the dumbest thing I have every heard, if that's what we are doing I'm outta here!" The whole time I am saying this stuff I am telling myself to shut up. I don't like listening to me. I will then back myself into a corner and tell them how seriously I am not going, or I will not eat the food at such and such. When they go ahead and do whatever I am pissed about, I then have to go home or sit there and not eat. Somehow I believe keeping up my position is right. I always feel like an ass when I do this, but I can't stop.

55. If it is your birthday, I'm singing to you. Even when you want me to stop. Example, today is my mom's birthday and here is what happened at 7:30 this morning.
Mom: Hello?
Rit: You say it's your birthday!
Mom: Hey, Rit.
Rit: Na na na na na na. It's my birthday too, yeah.
Mom: (laugh) ok..
Rit: They say it's your birthday! We're gonna have a good time.
Mom: Rit, thanks for...
Rit: I'm glad it's your birthday! Cause then I wouldn't be alive! (I like to add personal touches)
Mom: (Laughing) Rit, seriously...
Rit: Yes we're going to a party party! Yes we're going to a party party! Yes we're going to a party party!
Mom: RIT! I'm trying to get...
Rit: I would like you to dance--Birthday! Take a cha-cha-cha-chance-Birthday!
Mom: (now talking over me) I will see you and Luke later tonight.
Rit:I would like you to dance--Birthday! Dance
Mom: (still having to talk over me) I am trying to get ready for work!
Rit: You say it's your birthday!
Mom: Love you...Thanks (shouting at me)
Rit: Well it's my birthd...
She hung up on me.

56. I still call my Dad , Daddy. While some people would say "Now, Rit there is nothing wrong with a 28 year old who calls her Dad, Daddy." I disagree. Especially since I only call him Daddy when I want something. I do this because he will then cave and give it to me. I see the look of defeat on his face as soon as I say it. I can't help myself. My sister tries to do it, but she's mommy' little girl. My dad will just look at her and laugh. Example:
Rit: Hey, Dad can we change the Chili night to the Sunday two weeks from now. Luke is going freaking deer hunting.
Dad: Deer hunting? Since when did he start doing that.
Rit: Since next weekend. He spent a gazzillion dollars on a deer stand and shit. I wonder if he got any deer pee?
Dad: Deer pee? What are you talking about?
Rit: Do you ever hang out with your brother, John? Hunters put deer pee on them to attract deers. How gross is that?!
Dad: Shit, why can't they just go golfing? Anyway, Todd (my sister's fianace who lives in Tulsa) is coming in town next weekend, not 2 weeks from now. We can't change it.
Rit: But Daddy, Luke has never had your famous chili and it WAS the two of you who decided to come over to our house and watch football on our ginormous TV. Oh man, this sucks.
Dad: (sigh) I'll figure it out.
Rit: Thanks, Daddy.
Apparently I don't care that Todd has never had my Dad's famous chili either. But really, instead of my sister driving to Tulsa the following weekend, Todd can just some here. The do an ever other weekend thing. I'm an ass. I should really use my powers for good and get him to donate a ton of money to the homeless or something.

57. I hate classical music. Most people think it relaxes them, it stresses me out. All those instruments. It starts low, then builds up and up and up until its like 300 intruments going. My heart rate is high just thinking about it. I have to stop talking about it now.

58. I still check under my bed for monsters. I also can't have my toes hanging out of the covers because that's how the monsters get you. (I am shaking my head as I write this)

59. I hate littering, but when I was a smoker those long 15 days ago I threw my cig butts out my car window. Somehow this was not littering. Nope. It's not.

60. If I sing the wrong words to a song and you correct me, I will still sing them wrong anyway. And I will do it often. It makes me giggle.

Wow, there sure is alot of stuff wrong with me: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

7 Comments:

That was great! It's nice to see somebody do something different with the whole "100 Blog Questions" thing, and such.

I liked. I commented. I go be shy again, now.
Lulu-I saw that. Walmart is the devil, my laziness is uncaring of the state of the country.
i hate classical music too!!! i refuse to allow it to be played in the car because i insist that it causes accidents and if my husband says that's nonsense and it's possible i start swerving around into other cars until he changes it.
Classical music is wrong. I am going to use your swerving idea the next time Luke decides to turn the station. He thinks it's funny, not anymore!
ahhh I was waiting for the next installment. Your defectiveness (is that a word?) is always so amusing.
I just love these lists. That birthday thing cracked me up.

I too love to throw grease down the drain. I now compromise and throw it down the toilet. I know that sounds awfully gross, but I can't stand the ideea of putting it in a can or something to harden. Or I throw it on the lawn.
I'm 29 and I can't sleep with my closet doors open-- because that's where the monsters live.

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.