Friday, September 16, 2005

I do not L-U-V Real World



Do you remember the first season of Real World? Those were they days. By no means was it ever real, but come on, what is up this this show lately. We had Kevin, the token angry black man. He was intelligent, well spoken and angry. Good things. Norm was our token gay person. Talented in art as well as flamboyant. The first seven castmates were shown in various stages of young life trying to make it in their careers of choice. Do you remember Julie the 18 year old virgin dancer who has never really been anywhere outside of Alabamba? Yes, they used to have virgins on the show.

I blame Seatlle. It was a good season, but there was lots of drinking and hook ups. Yes, this is entertaining, but now that's all you have. They are all the same freakin' age, I haven't seen a 25 year old on the show in forever. Do these people have anything else going on? I rarely watch. The random shows I've seen are a joke. This season doesn't even pretend to have any individuals on it. How can they. There has not been an angry black man since Seatlle, where is the artistic gay person, where is the bat-shit nuts white-chick (Ilene, Beth,etc), and the hot heartbreaker (Danny, Wes, oh please). I know this may seem sterotypical and I'm not trying to be, but how many times can you watch drunk college age kids have sex with each other. I'm saying two, maybe three seasons tops. Real World has inflicted Trishelle on the world, and for this I can never forgive them. First the downward spiral of this show and then the VMAs. I am very pissed of at MTV. If it weren't for Laguna I would write them and tell them they suck.

Even Puck is better than this crap!

4 Comments:

I watched all the Real Worlds cept a few when I didn't have cable/direct tv. It was a dark time in my life. I am still watching the austin one. I'm not proud of this fact. I'm just admitting it. Trishelle's season was one that I missed.
I can't do it anymore. If you can, that is good. I find them as interesting as Cedric the Jason sidekick. Well, no I find Cedric more interesting.
I blame it on Miami. That's when it all really started going downhill.
You know, you're right!

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.