Monday, December 05, 2005

Isn't this what you do when you're bored?


This is what I looked like when I left my house on Saturday morning at 9 am to go to my friend's house. Minus the teardrop prison tat of course, as I had that laser removed.

So anywho, Skywalker and our friend Todd and I hop in the truck and head over to my pal Maryanne's place so Todd can get his hair did. I go so I can hang with her for a few hours while the boys help Todd's brother move some tables around for his dinner party we are attending later that evening. Here is what I look like when they come and pick me up. You should have seen all the hair on the floor! My husband, shocked.

We get to the dinner party and people are all "Rit, you look so awesome." And I'm all, "Hell yeah I do!" Then they ask what made me cut it. Here is what I tell them, "I went to Maryanne's with Todd so he could get his hair did for the party. (This is where Todd yells from across the room "I got it cut! Cut! Not DID!" and then say "Oh yeah, cut." roll my eyes and give the universal sign for crazy and mouth DID) Anyway, we hung out while the guys came over here to move tables and stuff so I hung with Maryanne. We got bored, so we cut my hair." This is where the horrified girl with long hair that I am talking to, grabs her hair and says "You, mean, uh, you just cut your hair because you were BORED? Wait, you were bored with your hair, right?" Me "Nope, just bored in general. There was nothing on TV and we had walked around the Loop, but it was so freaking cold out so we thought we'd just hack it off. SNIP!" Every girl there thinks I'm crazy, which doesn't bother me. I'm not friends with any of them, my nose bleeds from those altitudes.

Last night Maryanne, Todd, Skywalker and I played spaids for 7 hours. The girls kicked the boys asses!!! Kicked. It's because I got my hair did. I know it. Oh, and that girls are way smarter than boys. Um, also maybe because I kept saying to Todd, "Aren't you glad we got our hair did the other day? I think it really made us look super cool at your brother's dinner party."

11 Comments:

RIT! WE'RE SOOOO TWINS! Of course you look hot!

You've got some balls for just cutting it off like that. It took me many years and many therapy sessions to finally cut mine off.
Apparently this is not what most people do. I guess having a friend who is your hair stylist leads to spontaneous hair change. I come home with it dyed different colors too.

Twins, we are the hottest twins ever.
OMG! We're triplets! I shaved my underarm hair this weekend on a whim!
(In my best Valley Girl voice)OMG! No way! I totally always wanted to be triplets!
Wait, I have to go shave my underarms in order to be triplets...
Rit, it looks fabulous. I love the spontaneity. Which is probably spelled wrong, but I'm still smarter than a boy. Especially Tim.
Yes you are. I do think that you and I would beat Tim and um, um, whoever at spaids. Old maids. All sorts of stuff.

Thanks completment. My therapist says I need to thank people more.
Nice job. Some of my best hair events come from spontaneous cutting and coloring. It's just hair. It *gasp* grows back.

I'm a fan.
The cut looks awesome, Rit. You totally can't tell you used to be a man anymore. Nice cover.


*Zing!*

And she's back.
Yeah, they shaved that adam's apple down pretty good didn't they.
love the haircut! sorry i'm so late... still catching up on my blog reading!

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.