Friday, December 09, 2005

Merry Chrismas!

What? You think it is too early for Christmas? Um, me too. But my husbands family is all staying the weekend at la casa day RitSkywalker for their holiday cheer. Usually it is held at his Grandma's, but she moved into a senior dorm (that's what she calls it, she is so damn funny) and we all can't fit in her apartment. So what do we do, Rit to the rescue. I had the genuis idea to have it a our newlywed home. First problem, I didn't realise that his family doesn't know what a hotel is. They are all STAYING the whole weekend with us. Minus his grandma and aunt, uncle, and their two kids. In our 2 bedroom condo. Yes, it has 3 floors, but only a king bed and two twins. Yep, Rit and Skywalker are going to be sleeping on the floor in the family room. Exciting. I wonder if we will be able to do it without anyone noticing? Whatever.

I am leaving the office at noon today to go shopping and clean the house. I am cooking a ginormous meal and I've got all my china ready to go. Yippee. Exciting. Does someone want to come and pretend to be me for the weekend? Please? Anyone? Hello?

7 Comments:

Doesn't the eye patch get you out of anything? I mean, you are practically disabled.

careful of the rug burns, btw.
Hizzle-Only if you DO set my mother-in-laws hair on fire. She is pretty flamable what with all the vodka consumned.

BabyJewels-Our newphew is blind, so my silly eye patch would get no sympathy from him. He just wants his toys and my homemade mac 'n cheese. Rug burns, those hurt.
That totally makes sense to me. Todd & Skywalker really need to get with it.
Trust me, you don't want to say that Lulu. Trust me. I have a family full of drunks, they are fun. This is not. No fun. No fun at all.
Wow, I can't believe you're giving up your bed. It's really nice of you. That's where I draw the line. People can stay at my house, but my bedroom is MINE.
Yeah, like he is going to make his mom sleep on the floor. (Trust me, I was none to pleased.)
That's why we bought an aerobed (start commercial now); they're really amazing and just as comfortable as a real mattress! And they inflate on their own!

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.