Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!

I've been slammed at work, so this week is not condusive to my blogging. Damn!

Last night was fabulous, we had tornado warnings and rain & wind that made the windows shake. I'm sitting down to prepare for my Laguna lovefest when the freakin' electricity went out. Three hours later, I'm still sitting in the candle light with my husband playing cards wondering (imagine our bubble thoughts), how bad was drunken Cabo? Did anyone scream at Kristen that she was a slut? Why do these people like to get drunk and yell at "Slut" at each other? Oh, nevermind. Who doesn't get drunk at yell "slut" at their friends? I went to Cancun my senior year. Luke was probably thinking, Hey, maybe I will get to watch football all night tomorrow like last week, no electricity rocks? She sure is the greatest wife in the world, so pretty and fantabulous. All right, he was just probably thinking the first thought.

At midnight I awaken to the loudest noice I have ever heard right above my head. Luke even woke up. I jumped up and tried the lights, no go. I start to smell something funny, um like a burning smell. Yep, our freakin' condo was struck by lighting. I stood outside in the pouring rain trying to see if the roof was burning. Luke is on the porch out of the rain smoking, telling me to settle down. I then start racking my brain for what I would go back in the house for should it start burning to the ground. This is what my totally panicked brain decided was most important to me in the whole wide world. Yes, the whole wide world. My wedding album and 700 proofs, my cell phone, the file cabinet upstairs, my favorite high healed shoes,my favorite boots and my jewelry. I'm in my nightgown, could you just see the fire trucks pulling up to the house with a screaming girl in a wet white thing in 3 inch black heals, decked out in tons of jewelry, carrying her cell phone, some boots, huge bag (wedding album & 700 proofs inside) and her husband trailing her with a file cabinet and a smoke hanging from his calm ass mouth.

What would you save, since your houses are as ficticiously burning down as mine was.

6 Comments:

Aside from the obvious kids/pets I'd say there's not much I'm that attached to. I guess my jewelry, but I'd still claim it on my insurance. Oh, I am so like that.

The things I love the most (TV and Computer) I can't carry myself. Oh, my ipod.

Well, at least you know you'll have about 10 chances to catch the episode during the week. And we always have our bonaduce. our sweet, sweet bonaduce.
Babyjewels, I love you. Maybe more than our Bonaduce, nope not more.
It's hard to beat bonaduce. I completely understand. I'll willingly take a backseat to that.
I would have to throw stuff out my window and attempt to pull it away from the house later. I have too much shit. I would have to start with Fat Bastard, Bugsy, and Titus (my cats) and Hershy and Mia (my dogs), jewelry, shoes, and everything hanging up in the closet. Screw the wedding album - nothing went right on my "special day" and I already hate my pictures. And my purse. I found my marriage license and birth certificate stuff in the glovebox the other day so that's okay.

You know, this is something we should all think about. I'm all about planning ahead of disaster.
I told this girl at work and she said after the new orleans situation she bought a water/fire proof box and put all her stuff in there.

She thought wanting to take my shoes was dumb. She's crappy dresser any freakin' way!
I'm so sorry you missed Laguna! It's true that you'll get to see it about a million times, but it's still way more fun to watch it the first time around. It was actually embarrassing to watch, Alex was so nuts. Jason makes girls psycho.

And next week looks pretty good-- Kristin goes to visit Stephen!

I'm glad your house didn't burn down! I think that's a great list of stuff to save. I guess I'd want certain photos and jewelry, but that's about it...

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.