Monday, October 03, 2005

It's gi-freakin-normous!

So my hubby, Luke Von Hotness (you all know he reads this now, right?) and I had a little "date night" on Saturday. We went out to eat and then realised that we hadn't bought my dad anything for his birthday and Sunday we were going over there for dinner and cake. So we go to Borders at the mall. Luke found the book "When Pride Still Mattered" which is the biography of Vince Lombardi. According to Luke, and later my father, this man was the best coach in football. The best in the WOORRRLLLDDD! (Yes, everytime I said it I sounded like a drunken Tara Reid. I can't help it). We bought it and wondered, now what? Movie, nope. Let's window shop, me: yes, Luke: only if I can go to Sears and look at tools. I believe that since he is with me looking at shoes, cute clothes and ooohhhing and aweing about it, so he needs to look at tools and scratch himself to make sure he is still a man. Deal done.

We walk into Sears and go downstairs to the tool section. Before we get there, we stop off and look at TVs. Luke says, "Let's get one" I say "Ok". Luke stares at me for a minute "Are you serious?" I tell him I am. We start jumping up and down which surprisingly gets the attention of 2 sales people. We go with the one that asked us if we needed help only once, the other guy looks pissed. Ha ha, don't pressure us m*fuckers! So we are trying to choose between the JVC and the Sony, which are the same everything but the Sony is $100 more. We flip a quarter. The sales guy looks at us funny, so I tell him we make alot of big decisions by the all powerful quarter. "Really?" he asks. I tell him that yes we do and that wouldn't be married if it wasn't for the quarter. His eyes bug out, "what?". We told him that we broke up for a year and a half and when we went out on our 2nd first date we flipped a quarter to see if we should get back together. It landed on heads 6 times and here we are. Anywho, we go with the Sony and take it home. It is 10pm and we stop by Blockbuster first to get a kickass movie to watch on our huge TV. We keep singing "We've got a huge TV, we're gonna bring it home, we'll watch some movies, and you don't got one" to the tune of I've got some ice cream that Eddie Murphy sang on Delirious. We stay up until 4am.

Luke is excited to watch big giant football, I'm excited to watch big giant Laguna. Sunday we are watching the Rams vs Giants game and every time the announcer says "Giants" I say "Not as giant as our TV!!" We yell and high five. At my parents house we tell them of our fantabulous purchase. My dad is going to make his famous Cinncinati Chilli and come over and watch football with Luke. My parents have a huge TV too, but my Dad and Luke are cut from the same cloth...it's a proud moment for them. It's like when I tell my mom I got some really cute shoes or some type of decor for the house and she comes over to see it. Later I watched big giant Breaking Bonaduce. Life is good.

9 Comments:

i call our's "the penis in our living room."

but wow, i love it so much. laguna is soooo much better on the big screen!
You know...I kinda like your decision-making quarter idea. At least you guys are committed to that, and that takes teamwork! I sometimes wonder if my husband and I have ever been that much of a team....

Kudos! from Diane, who btw says THANK YOU for visiting my blog

http://www.fierceclatter.blogspot.com
How exciting! GIANT Laguna! Thank god you didn't have it last week-- think of how big Jessica's boobs would have looked!
I make all my big decisions with Ro-sham-bo.
I am so comimg over. I have to make due with a 30". I know, pray for me.
Big TVs are the shit! I'd get a new big TV, but I wouldn't know where to put the old one, and I spent WAY too much on it to get rid of it. Need a bigger place, I guess.

Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog! :)
Duder, LOVE our big ass TV! There seriously isn't anything better than seeing Matthew McConaughey's hotness spread over a 62" screen! And giant Laguna as awesome!

Oh, I read your wedding post - HOLY CRAP!! If Sheilah's wedding is half that disorganized the day of, I will single handedly down each and every case of champagne to calm my nerves. Yes, I'll be the little blonde in the fugly bridesmaid dress weaving her way down the aisle . . . ;)
My husband so badly wants a big giant TV. I keep trying to stall him, but I'm afraid he may knock me down one day and just race out the door and buy one. In the meantime, though, we're coming over to your place to watch TV.
Skywalker and I are excitedly waiting Karla!!!!

For the slow, comment here

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Past Genuis

  • Wholesome Baby Food
  • Cotton Babies
  • A little Pregnant
  • The Cloth Diaper whisperer
  • Little Man Chase
  • Shaken Mama
  • Karla Babble
  • Mad Ethel
  • The Blinding Glare
  • I think therefore I am Frustrated
  • Bore-a-phil!
  • Conti
  • H-Town Girl
  • Life, Las Vegas Style
  • Blogger


    Free Web Counter
    Web Counter
    QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.